Last week Apple announce the long rumored, long awaited iPhone. While the actual release of the product is not until June, I figure we can do a list on the iPhone based on what we know so far.
- 5) An all-in-one device that might actually be good at all things. If, there is one that Apple does well is make a device that does exactly what it is meant to do. Now take that expertise and apply it to an all-in-one. Chances are good that Apple will be able to pull off the all-in-one quite well.
- 4) Widescreen Video iPod – Apple has finally released a widescreen iPod device. Combine this with the ability to watch movies and you finally have something that can handle the aspect ratios correctly.
- 3) Easy Synchronization – Utilizing the ease of iTunes syncing into a device such as this is pure genius. You have millions of users already utilizing iTunes to sync contacts, notes, and music. So adding the increased functionality is just icing on the cake.
- 2) Push Mail compatible – When it comes to email on portable devices, RIM’s Blackberry devices have the market pretty much cornered. Now combine the power of the Blackberry email devices with a fully functional email client. Portable email just got real.
- 1) Runs OSX – The problem with most portable devices is that they are run on top of operating systems with the limitation in mind that they are running on a “choked” device. Running a full blown operating system on a portable device, is a great way to ease the development required to write applications as well as give power to the user to actually accomplish something on the device.
I am sure that many people will find a lot of reasons to hate the new iPhone. Next week, we will look at some of those. I think, based on what I saw today during the keynote, the iPhone is a pretty slick device. I would be lying if I said I did not want one. However, it being out of my price range (sans winning the lottery), I will settle for just playing with the one my friend plans on ordering.
[Technorati Tag: Lists]